Friday, January 25, 2013
Power Scrambled eggs
Another one from my previous blog site. Simply delish!
Ingredients and tools:
1. a small sauce pan
2. a wooden spoon
3. 2 eggs separated
4. garlic infused oil (if not available, just crush 1 clove of garlic and let it heat up inside the pan with the oil for 2 mins. take it out before putting the eggs)
5. a tbsp. of chives or chopped basil or chopped dill.
1. Heat up the pan in medium high, and pour about 1 tbsp. of oil. Swirl it around at least halfway up on the sides of the pan. (to keep the eggs from sticking)
My stove temp is 1 to 9. Medium high for me is 7.
2. Pour in the egg whites first. Keep stirring the egg whites to prevent it from sticking to the bottom. When the whites are about to coagulate (runny) pour in the egg yolks.
3. Keep on stirring.
4. To gain a more fluffy texture, add about ½ tbsp. of butter. Keep stirring.
5. When the egg whites and yolks have been mixed, wait till the texture is crumbly but not stiff, then its ready. It has to be airy.
6. Topped with your favorite herbs, serve it with some tomatoes, and your favorite salad veggies, toast, or here, a freshly baked scone! Yum!!!