Tuesday, November 5, 2013

No-bake Cookies and Cream cheesecake

One day, I suddenly had a craving for a certain flavor. Of course its sweet. I checked the pantry for any cookies and found nothing! So I asked Toni to grab some Domino cookies on his way home. As I waited, a recipe was forming in my mind and this is what I came up with:

 
I have not made anything like it, and only saw recipes online, after I have actually made it. I hope you will find this delicious. As good as I and my ever loyal fan, my daughter Ria.  :)
 
I started off by scraping the white cream from in between the chocolate cookie sandwiches until I got about 150 gms. (keep the creams) Finely crush the cookies and mix it together with about 70 gms of butter, melted.
Press the cookie crumb to large muffin pan lined with muffin paper. ( about 12 pieces)
Refrigerate the pans while you work on the fillings.

Chop the rest of the cookies (I got a box of 350gms-in the picture) together with the cream and scraped off ones. Don't crush, just coarsely chopped. Set aside.

In a small bowl (ramekin will be nice, something that can be boiled), pour in 1/4 cup of cold water and sprinkle 1 ½ tbsp. gelatine powder. Mix this and let it stand, until the granules become fat.

While you wait for the gelatine, mix together using an electric mixer,  1 pack (200gms) of mascarpone cheese and 1/4 cup of icing sugar. You can add some more sugar later if you think its not sweet enough.

Add to this, 1 small pack (150 ml) of whipping cream and 1 tsp. Vanilla.
 
Gently fold in the crushed cookies. And put the bowl inside the fridge while you work on the gelatine.
 
Put the ramekin with the fat gelatine in a small sauce pan and add enough water to reach the height of the gelatine. On medium heat, slowly stir the gelatine until the fat granules has liquefied but not boiling. 

Quickly fold the gelatine liquid to the cream mixture and pour it on top of the crust on your muffin pans. You can fill up the muffin cups as much as you want, since it will not rise to over flow.

Refrigerate the pans for at least 4 hours before serving. Enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment